Sunday, March 8, 2009

RACIST!

So my friend and I got into a Slumdog Millionaire conversation. I told her about the magnificence of the Indi movie. She hasn’t watched it yet and I asked her why. She responded by saying “Eh kasi diba Indians yung mga nandun? Ayokong panoorin. Di ko trip yung beauty nila.” EPIC WTF. Napaka-unreasonable! I ended up calling her gago and racist. She took my words as a joke since she knows I call everyone gago. But seriously man, I was insulted. I defended the Indian race by saying the leading actress is beyond words beautiful and she responded with the prejudiced statement “Hindi kaya. Ampangit niya. nakita ko na yung trailer. Mas maganda pa yung mga Americans dun.” Bitch. I wanted to bash her using her insecurities right after hearing that but instead I kept my mouth shut. “Gusto ko kasi yung maganda, sexy, maputi…” as she babbled on I thought ‘Feeling mo naman ang puti puti mo. Kung yang mga yan lang yung standards ng pagiging maganda para sayo, pwes bagsakan ka na.’ I was really pissed off. I told her it was a good movie nevertheless and I’m willing to let her borrow a dvd of it but she refused --- simply because ampangit ng mga Indians. Thank God I have the capability of cussing someone without having to start a fight. I seem to have endlessly called her ‘gago’, ’makapal’, ‘feelingera’, ‘prejudiced’, ‘walang pinag-aralan’, etc. I was just too insulted by her statements. Racists like her should be penalized. I am not feigning innocence. I am sometimes guilty of racism too however, I do not let my biased perception affect how I treat others. Haha okay. Okay na ko. Bwisit lang talaga.

1 comments:

mukhangmakata said...

indianlovers009 said
hindi lahat ng indians PANGET. i want to emphasize on that. i think she commited hasty generalization because not all indians are ugly. a lot of INDIAN girls are beautiful. EXCUSE ME. ECHUSERA ANG GAGANG ITO. may kataga ngang black beauty eh. WHATTHEFUCK. and kung hindi maganda ang slumdog millionaire edi sana hindi ito hahakot ng maraming parangal sa oscars8-| hay. masisira ang beauty ko sa iyo. chubay na nga!